Role of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Digital Marketing!
Artificial intelligence in digital marketing refers to the use of Artificial Intelligence in digital marketing practices to create personalized experiences for customers.
For instance, retailers can use AI to identify a customer’s needs and offer them recommendations based on previous search history. This can be done through cognitive computing, consisting of two processes: Deep Learning and Machine Learning.
1) Deep Learning Process:
Deep learning is a sub-field of machine learning that is based on the belief that the complex algorithms used by human neural systems can be emulated by algorithms for machines.
Deep neural networks are made up of multiple layers of computation, and the data fed to these layers are organized in a hierarchy. When one layer learns from previous layers, it feeds this knowledge to other adjacent layers and makes them smarter.
Deep learning is a more powerful approach to machine learning because it allows the algorithm to combine multiple data inputs and make an inference on the output. It eliminates the manual efforts of the human decision-makers and enables faster, more accurate decisions.
2) Machine Learning Process:
Machine learning techniques use algorithms that are trained on a data set with known outputs or labels to predict outcomes using new data sets.
There are two main approaches in machine learning: Supervised and Unsupervised learning.
1) Supervised Learning:
This approach uses a labeled data set to train the algorithm to predict the right output. For instance, an e-commerce company can gather information about their customers’ behavior and habits by tracking their demographics, click patterns and search history. Using this data, they can train their machine learning model to recommend products that will be of interest to each customer.
2) Unsupervised Learning:
Instead of using a labeled data set in which the correct output is known, unsupervised learning allows the algorithm to decipher patterns from unlabeled data. For instance, a retailer can use machine learning to monitor the number of unique visitors and their behavior patterns. This data can then be used to identify link-building activities among the visitors.
A better understanding of AI and deep learning can make digital marketers more successful in developing personalized customer experiences, which can lead to increased revenues and improve conversion rates.
It is not hard for digital marketers to understand that customer experience is critical for them to keep up with other market players and surpass them in performance.
Q. How can AI be used in digital marketing?
Given the rise of AI and the wide-ranging impact it can have on digital marketing, marketers need to be aware of how they can use this new technology to create greater value for their customers.
According to a report from the Forrester research, there are three ways marketers can tap into the potential of AI in their digital marketing campaigns:
1. Understand and identify customer needs: AI can be used to gain a better understanding of customers’ needs, behaviors, purchase intent, and interests through tracking their behavior on websites and other online channels.
2. Plan effective digital marketing campaigns: AI can help marketers plan aggressive digital marketing campaigns that are aligned with customer preferences and intent. For example, AI can identify behavioral patterns to help marketers classify their customers into segments. This information can be used to identify the audience’s interests and lead generation activities.
3. Increase customer loyalty: Data analytics tools can also help digital marketers identify and build customer relationships to increase loyalty and trust among customers. For instance, AI can be used to monitor customer interactions with a brand’s website such as social media interaction, purchases, email newsletter activity, etc.
Q. What are the main challenges for artificial intelligence in digital marketing?
Despite the many benefits AI can offer to digital marketers, there are some obstacles they need to overcome to make the most of the technology.
These challenges include:
1. Technology: Developing machine learning algorithms is highly challenging as it requires a large amount of data and processing power.
2. Data Quality: Ineffective data quality can limit the performance of an AI program during training. For instance, poor labeling of customer information or inadequate feedback from customers can lead to an inaccurate AI model.
3. Data Security: There are some concerns about data security and the potential for information leakage. For instance, a retailer can use customer behavioral data to identify their interests and provide personalized recommendations for products they may be interested in.
However, this information can also be used by criminals to target particular groups of customers with malicious emails or other hacking activities.
Artificial intelligence can be a game-changer for digital marketers as it offers them faster and more accurate predictions than traditional methods of customer identification.
With this technology, marketers can better understand their customers’ needs and their needs can be met with personalized recommendations that are aligned with the customer’s preferences. Ultimately, digital marketing campaigns will be more effective and relevant in the long run.
Author: Santam Naha, founder and owner of LetsFindSolution